I didn't do a year in review last year (maybe because I had a tiny baby who required me to sit on a yoga ball 95% of the time), and I realize I rarely write here anymore. But whatever, shut up. Let's review 2016!
1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
Voted for a woman for president! I voted for HRC in the 2008 primary, but this year I got to vote for her in the primary AND the general election.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several friends had babies, but no new babes in my family. I think my siblings (other than my half-sibs who are 20+ years younger than me) are done with having babies, which is sad in a way.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody really close, thankfully.
6. What dates from 2016 will remained etched upon your memory?
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
8. What was your biggest failure?
10. What was the best thing you bought?
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
13. Where did most of your money go?
14. What did you get really excited about?
- happier or sadder? I guess happier. This time last year I was on maternity leave, full of emotions, not sleeping, listening to a gassy baby fuss all day and night. I was happy, but it's easier to feel the happiness when I'm not so sleep deprived.
- richer or poorer? Neither. We make a little more money, but our expenses have increased (two kids in full-time child care), so while technically richer, we feel poorer.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
19. Did you fall in love in 2016?
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
22. What was the best book you read?
24. What did you want and not get?
25. What was your favorite film of this year?
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
29. What kept you sane?
32. Who was the best new person you met?
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.