Yesterday, December 10, marked one month from my due date. One month! And Thursday I'll officially be 36 weeks. This is getting just a little bit insane. In honor of that, I thought maybe it was time for a baby pool. You in?
I'm sorry I don't have a really cool prize for the winner, but it's fun to guess anyway, right? It'll earn you a mention on this here blog, and of course, bragging rights.
So here's the deal: Leave a comment with your guess in the categories below. Once the baby is born, I'll start from the top, eliminating wrong guesses as I go down until we have a winner. For example, if you guess a boy and its a girl, eliminated! But I'll take all the correct sex guesses and find the one closest to the birth date (don't worry, no penalties for going over). If that's a tie, we move to weight, then length.
Got it? I know, it's very complicated for a silly little game with no prizes!
What's your guess?
Here is some information that might come in handy:
- I was born two days early (I was the second child). Mike was born two weeks early (first child).
- I weighed 8lb8oz. Mike weighed 7lb9oz.
- I was 21 inches long (is that right Mom?). Mike was 20.5 inches long.
- Almost all old wives' tales indicate girl.
- I'm craving sweets.
- I think I'm expanding all around my mid-section, not just straight out.
- The wedding ring and needle tests swung in circles.
- The heart rate has consistently been well over 140bpm.
- I had "morning sickness" for 14 weeks.
- I haven't been too clumsy.
- The Chinese calendar thing says girl.
- But there are a couple boy indicators.
- The Mayan predictor says boy.
- I haven't had any serious acne issues.
- I seem to be hairier than normal.
Most people seem to be split on the sex, with a few more girl guesses than boy. My own predictions are girl, born January 14. For some reason, despite the fact that I'm told my belly is small for 8 months, I imagine myself having at least an 8 pound baby. And Mike is a giant, so probably at least 21 inches long. Don't let me sway you though, I usually have really poor intuition. Mike is refusing to make any guesses, he's so boring.
Alright, go forth and guess, my friends! Do it for me... it's entertaining.